The Open Voice Network in April 2023 – Notes from the Executive Director
Want to hear this news earlier? Sign up for the OVON Newsletter to be the first to know what’s happening at the Open Voice Network.
OPEN VOICE NETWORK AT HIMSS AND PROJECT VOICE – JOIN THE CONVERSATIONS
HEALTHCARE INFORMATION AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS SOCIETY – 17 APRIL, CHICAGO
JOIN US AT 12:45PM MONDAY, 17 APRIL FOR:
- CONVERSATIONAL AI AND VOICE IN HEALTHCARE – USE CASES, DEPENDENCIES, AND OPPORTUNITIES
- THE NEW ETHICAL LANDSCAPE – ISSUES BEYOND HIPAA
- WHAT TO DO NEXT – A PLAN OF ACTION FOR 2023
MCCORMICK CENTER, CHICAGO – ROOM S100B
PROJECT VOICE, APRIL 23-26, CHATTANOOGA
JOIN US FOR:
- ETHICS TRANSLATED TO ACTION – THE TRUSTMARK INITIATIVE AND THE CONVERSATIONAL AI LEADERSHIP COUNCIL
- VOICE IN REMOTE PATIENT CARE – RELEASE OF THE WHITE PAPER AND EXPLORATION OF USE CASES
- CONVERSATIONAL AI THAT WORKS LIKE THE WEB
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER – Use promo code ChatGPT for an Open Voice Network 20% discount.
TO JOIN THE OPEN VOICE NETWORK GATHERING OF THE HEALTH-WELLNESS-LIFE SCIENCES COMMUNITY AT PROJECT VOICE, CONTACT HARRY PAPPAS AT email@example.com.
Early-April Thoughts from Jon
Conversational AI is in such a different place these days. ChatGPT has unleashed a torrent of change and innovation.
Yet from a user’s point of view, the big questions haven’t changed. In fact, they’re larger than ever before.
Questions about ethical use, as the gap between “we can” and “we should” has widened.
Questions about data ownership and data use. Questions about where and how to implement Conversational AI while protecting the brand.
And amidst this, a growing realization that one large language model or conversational assistant won’t do it all. We’ve entered an age not only of large language models, but of domain-specific ones.
That’s because data is now the currency of the realm. And because accurate, trustworthy – and most of all, actionable – data is increasingly required for our health, finances, consumption, and business.
And indeed, for all of society.
To achieve this for all, we’ll need a number of things. Two stand out:
- We need to make Conversational AI worthy of user trust.
- That’s confidence in the intentions and behavior of people and organizations we don’t know. Especially in data acquisition, data use, dataset bias, voice synthesis, transparency, and accountability.
- We need to make Conversational AI work like the web.
- So you can go where you want to go in this new digital world – freely, safely, securely.
CONVERSATIONAL AI WORTHY OF USER TRUST: OPEN VOICE NETWORK TRUSTMARK INITIATIVE
It’s about ethical guidelines for the new world of Conversational AI. Defined and translated into action. And launched in a webinar last week.
What’s involved? Guiding principles, defined for use. Online education. Self-assessment tools.
- Sign the Project Voice Ethics and Integrity Charter. This pledge, a core element in the Project Voice Conversational AI Leadership Council, states publicly your commitment to a Conversational AI world that is transparent, inclusive, accountable, sustainable, privacy-protecting, and well-governed.
- Have your organization endorse the Open Voice Network TrustMark Initiative. And for details regarding endorsement, contact Oita Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To review the webinar, click here.
CONVERSATIONAL AI THAT WORKS LIKE THE WEB: THE OVON INTEROPERABILITY INITIATIVE
In a world of language models and assistants that is increasingly complex. In a world where one language model and one assistant won’t be able to do it all.
In this world, you’ll want your customers to connect directly with your assistants and language models. You’ll want to own and control your own data. Own the CX of your brand. And connect to all your customers and constituents with one build.
How do we make that happen? Industry standards.
That’s what we’re building right now.
- Test draft specifications. Help write the next ones. Reach out to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss all the ways you can help us move this forward.
- Catch up on the work – and watch a demonstration of the Open Voice Network’s first draft specifications. Click here for the 22 March webinar.
GET INVOLVED AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
To become a Friend of the Open Voice Network, and show your name and/or firm’s logo on the OVON website as a sign of support, click here.
Support the Open Voice Network through our Crowdfunding account: Taking on entrenched interests is not easy. Nor can it be done for free. Your contribution of $25 or more will make a difference in our outreach and research efforts. Help us now. Visit the Open Voice Network Crowdfunding page to make your contribution!